Emissions

The N 371 A order on revoking the N000023 permit of quantities / emissions of pollutants into atmosphere from stationary sources issued by the Ministry of Nature Protection (May 4, 2015) to combined-cycle power plant of Yerevan Combined Cycle Co-generation Power Plant (YCCPP) 


The N 364 A order on revoking the N000158 permit of quantities / emissions of pollutants into atmosphere from stationary sources issued by the Ministry of Nature Protection (December 22, 2017) to 4 stations of compressed natural gas fueling of vehicles of “Multi Gas” LLC.


The list list of organizations (by regions) having permits of quantities/emissions of pollutants into atmosphere from stationary sources for 2013-2018 (until October 19), YEREVAN


The reference (11.09.2013) on background concentrations of hazardous substances into atmosphere in Arevshat community of RA Ararat region


EMISSIONS

EMISSIONS OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES INTO ATMOSPHERE FROM STATIONARY SOURCES

Quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission by RA marzes and Yerevan city, 2014-2018

tons

  2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
Yerevan city 17 322.7 17 238.3   17 004.9 16 933.4 13 691.4
Aragatsotn 998.9 586.2 545.7 636.3 451.6
Ararat 3 988.7 2 956.0 2 692.1 3 001.8 2 697.4
Armavir 3 268.9 3 388.5 2 608.4 2 637.5 1 835.8
Gegharkunik 5 900.1 2 904.6 3 040.8 10 326.5 10 554.4
Lori 43 932.5 46 865.4 51 231.5 47 060.4 35 027.8
Kotayk 21 919.6 24 659.7 24 084.8 23 099.2 21 306.1
Shirak 1 798.6 1 251.3 1 227.5 1 297.5 1 010.8
Syunik 8 959.1 8 877.4 8 935.5 14 445.1 10 510.7
Vayots Dzor 422.2 324.2 334.2 295.3 248.4
Tavush 19 889.3 19 864.3 20 110.3 21 523.8 16 673.4
Total RA 128 400.6 128 915.9 131 815.7 141 256.8 114 007.8

In 2018 emissionsIn 2018, emissions into atmosphere comprised 263.4 thsd. t, 56.7% of which fell to share of mobile, 43.3% - to stationary sources of emission.
The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from stationary sources comprised 114.0 thsd. t. 
The quantity of stationary sources of emission comprised 2 624, 71.8% of which had standard marginal permissible norms. The quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission comprised 243.8 thsd. t, 53.2% of which was captured, the rest 46.8% - emitted into atmosphere. Atmospheric emissions per capita in the republic comprised 38.4 kg and 4 005.2 kg – per square km (without mirror of Lake Sevan). 
 

Hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission and atmospheric
specific emissions by RA marzes and Yerevan city, 2018

 

Quantity of
hazardous substances
detached from stationary
sources of emission, t

Quantity of captured
hazardous substances, t

Quantity of
atmospheric
emissions, t

 Yerevan city

17 181.4

3 490.0

13 691.4

 Aragatsotn

451.6

-

451.6

 Ararat

110 821.1

108 123.7

2 697.4

 Armavir

1 835.8

-

1 835.8

 Gegharkunik

10 554.4

-

10 554.4

 Lori

35 027.8

-

35 027.8

 Kotayk

32 329.1

11 023.0

21 306.1

 Shirak

1 010.8

-

1 010.8

 Syunik

17 693.1

7 182.4

10 510.7

 Vayots Dzor

252.5

4.1

248.4

 Tavush

16 673.4

-

16 673.4

   Total 

243 831.0

129 823.2

114 007.8

EMISSIONS OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES INTO ATMOSPHERE FROM STATIONARY SOURCES

In 2017, emissions into atmosphere comprised 291.1 thsd. t, 51.5% of which fell to share of mobile, 48.5% - to stationary sources of emission. The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from stationary sources comprised 141.3 thsd. t. The quantity of stationary sources of emission comprised 3 334, 74.4% of which had standard marginal permissible norms. The quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission comprised 239.7 thsd. t, 41.1% of which was captured, the rest 58.9% - emitted into atmosphere.

Hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission, t, by RA regions and Yerevan city, 2017

 

Quantity of detached hazardous substances from  stationary sources of emission, t

Quantity of captured hazardous substances, t

Quantity of atmospheric emission, t

 Yerevan city

19 780.4

2 847.0

16 933.4

 Aragatsotn

636.3

-

636.3

 Ararat

75 064.5

72 062.7

3 001.8

 Armavir

2 637.5

-

2 637.5

 Gegharkunik

10 326.5

-

10 326.5

 Lori

47 060.4

-

47 060.4

 Kotayk

32 126.2

9 027.0

23 099.2

 Shirak

1 297.5

-

1 297.5

 Syunik

28 918.1

14 473.0

14 445.1

 Vayoc Dzor

297.5

2.2

295.3

 Tavoush

21 523.8

-

21 523.8

   Total

239 668.7

98 411.9

141 256.8


In 2016, emissions of hazardous substances  into atmosphere comprised 276.7 thsd. t, 5 2.4% of which fell share of vehicles, 47.6% - to stationary sources of emission. The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from stationary sources comprised 131.8 thsd. t, the quantity of stationary sources of emission comprised 3 568, 60.5% of which had standard marginal permissible norms. The quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission comprised 199.1 thsd. t, 33.8% of which was captured, the rest 66.2% - emitted into atmosphere.
29.4% of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere was comprised by sulphureous anhydride (38.7 thsd.t), 1.7% - carbon oxide (2.3 thsd. t), 1.1% - nitric oxides /without suboxide/ - (1.5 thsd. t). Total quantity of heavy metals in atmospheric emissions comprised 24.9t, quantity of dust emitted into atmosphere comprised 4 199.7 t, 3.2% (133.9 t) of which was organic dust. The quantity of volatile organic compounds in the atmospheric emissions comprised 580.8 t. 
 

Hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission, t, by RA regions and Yerevan city, 2016

 

Quantity of detached hazardous substances from  stationary sources of emission, t

Quantity of captured hazardous substances, t

Quantity of atmospheric emissions, t

 Yerevan city

20 864.9

3 860.0

17 004.9

 Aragatsotn

545.7

-

545.7

 Ararat

61 499.1

58 807.0

2 692.1

 Armavir

2 608.4

-

2 608.4

 Gegharkunik

3 040.8

-

3 040.8

 Lori

51 231.5

-

51 231.5

 Kotayk

28 295.2

4 210.4

24 084.8

 Shirak

1 227.5

-

1 227.5

 Syunik

9 325.1

389.6

8 935.5

 Vayoc Dzor

334.2

-

334.2

 Tavoush

20 110.3

-

20 110.3

   Total

199 082.7

67 267.0

131 815.7

 

In 2015, emissions into atmosphere comprised 268.7 thsd. t, 52.0% of which fell to share of vehicles, 48.0% - to stationary sources of emission. The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from stationary sources comprised 128.9 thsd. t. 
The quantity of stationary sources of emission comprised 3020, 72.8% of which had standard marginal permissible norms. The quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission comprised 225.9 thsd. t, 42.9% of which was captured, the rest 57.1% -emitted into atmosphere.
26.5% of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere was comprised by sulphureous anhydride (34.1 thsd. t), 2.5% ¬carbon oxide (3.2 thsd. t), 1.0% - nitric oxides /without  suboxide/ - (1.3 thsd. t). Total quantity of heavy metals in atmospheric emissions comprised 35.8 t. Quantity of dust emitted into atmosphere comprised 5036.7 t, 4.1% (204.6 t) of which was organic dust. The quantity of volatile organic compounds in the atmospheric emissions comprised 287.9 t. 

Hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission, t, by
RA regions and Yerevan city, 2015

 

Quantity of detached hazardous substances from  stationary sources of emission, t

Quantity of captured hazardous substances, t

Quantity of atmospheric emissions, t

 Yerevan city

19354,0

2115,7

17238,3

 Aragatsotn

586,2

-

586,2

 Ararat

90964,6

88008,6

2956,0

 Armavir

3388,5

-

3388,5

 Gegharkunik

2907,6

3,0

2904,6

 Lori

46865,4

-

46865,4

 Kotayk

31079,7

6420,0

24659,7

 Shirak

1251,3

-

1251,3

 Syunik

9301,4

424,0

8877,4

 Vayoc Dzor

324,2

-

324,2

 Tavoush

19864,3

-

19864,3

   Total

225887,2

96971,3

128915,9

In 2014, emissions into atmosphere comprised 270.9 thsd. t, 52.6% of which fell to share of vehicles, 47.4% - to stationary sources of emission. The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from stationary sources comprised 128.4 thsd. t. 
 In 2013, the quantity of stationary sources of emission comprised 3005, 76.1% of which had standard marginal permissible norms. The quantity of hazardous substances detached from stationary sources of emission comprised 246.1 thsd. t, 47.8% of which was captured, the rest 52.2% -emitted into atmosphere.
 25.0% of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere was comprised by sulphureous anhydride (32.1 thsd. t), 2.4% ¬carbon oxide (3.1 thsd. t), 1.2% - nitric oxides /without  suboxide/ - (1.5 thsd. t). Total quantity of heavy metals in atmospheric emissions comprised 19.8 t. Quantity of dust emitted into atmosphere comprised 4 164.8 t, 3.7% (153.0 t) of which was organic dust. The quantity of volatile organic compounds in the atmospheric emissions comprised 444.1 t. 

Emissions in 2014
•    Dust  (organic and non-organic) – 4164.77t
•    Heavy metals -  19.76t
•    Nitrogen oxides (without protoxide) – 1506.6t
•    Sulfur dioxide (SO2) - 32068.3t
•    Hydrocarbons (without VOC) - 86412.3
•    Volatile organic compounds – 444.1t
•    Other – 708.04t


EMISSIONS OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES EMITTED INTO ATMOSPHERE FROM MOBILE SOURCES

Emissions in 2018
The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from mobile sources comprised 149.4 thsd. t. A large share was comprised by carbon oxide 109.2thsd. t or 73.1% of total emissions, volatile organic compounds – 24.3 thsd. t or 16.3%, nitric oxides – 15.5 thsd. t or 10.4%. 

Emissions in 2017
The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from mobile sources comprised 149.8 thsd. t. A large share was comprised by carbon oxide 108.7thsd. t or 72.6% of total emissions, volatile organic compounds – 24.7 thsd. t or 16.5%, nitric oxides – 15.8 thsd. t or 10.6%. 

Emissions in 2016
The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from vehicles comprised 144.9 thsd. t. A large share was comprised by carbon oxide 105.5 thsd. t or 72.8% of total emissions, volatile organic compounds – 24.0 thsd. t or 16.6%, nitric oxides – 14.8 thsd. t or 10.2%.  

Emissions in 2015
The quantity of hazardous substances emitted into atmosphere from vehicles comprised 139.8 thsd. t. A large share was comprised by carbon oxide 101.7 thsd. t or 72.7% of total emissions, volatile organic compounds – 22.8 thsd. t or 16.3%, nitric oxides – 14.7 thsd. t or 10.5%.  



The list of organizations having permits to emit pollutants into atmosphere from stationary sources 

08.12.2017

2008-2013 
Yerevan
Aragatsotn
Armavir
Ararat
Vayoc Dzor
Syunik
Shirak
Kotayk
Gegharkunik
Lori
Tavoush


 Calculation of Grid Emission Factor for the Electricity System of the Republic of Armenia for the Year 2011

POLLUTION (see Armenian version)

The sampling points for the monitoring of surface water and air pool Map

The data of air pool pollution by "Environmental Effect Monitoring Center" SNCO

2017 (see Armenian version)
May
April
March
February
January

2016 (see Armenian version)
Annual
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2015 (see Armenian version)
Annual
November
August
May
April
March
February
January

2014 (see Armenian version)
Annual
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March

2013 (see Armenian version)
Annual
December
November
October
September
May
April
March
February
January

2012 (see Armenian version)
Annual
November
October
August
July
June
May
March
February
January

<
>