Guided by the 2nd point of the 5th Article of the RA Law on “Hunting and hunting recourses” and the 8th point of the 8th Article and on the bases of “d” subpoint of the 12th point of N1 Annex established with “a” subpoint of the 2nd point of N 1237-N order of the GoA (August 8, 2002), on January 19 RA Minister of Nature Protection Artsvik Minasyan signed an order defining hunting amounts within the RA water territories in 2018.
The order says:
1. The following types of hunting animals and amounts are defined in the water territories of RA (with the exception of areas owned by individuals and legal entites):
1) Karas- unlimited in all water territories
2) crayfish up to 500t in Lake Sevan
3) In the case of fauna species or areas not defined under the 1st and 2nd subpoints of the following point, to do hunting based on inventory data of fauna resources in nature, taking into consideration the scientifically justified allowable amounts of their use.
2. Determine that:
1) fishing and crayfishing shall be banned to be accomplished using nodal, manufactured or hand-made, synthetic nylon or other fishing nets with the thread diameter less than 0.5 mm and netcage size less than 100 mm (the dimensions of the netcage should be slightly smaller than 50mm)
2) Prohibition of fishing and crayfishing within the period of natural reproduction of crayfish at Lake Sevan according to the order of the Minister of Nature Protection
3. The head of Bioresourse Management Agency of the RA Ministry of Nature Protection Staff
to be guided by the 1st point of the following order while organizing the procedure of signing contracts about fauna recourse usage and the scientifically justified allowable amounts based on inventory data of fauna resources in nature envisaged under the 2nd point.
2) to define the contract validity period about fauna recourse usage by November 20, 2018, with the objective to ensure the natural reproduction of fish within the period of spawning of ishkhan and sig fish at Lake Sevan
3) to envisage a provision in contracts about fauna recourse usage, according to which the user of the fauna resource is obliged to terminate doing crayfishing in Lake Sevan within the period defined in the 2nd subpoint of the 2nd point of the following order
4) to project a provision in contracts about fauna recourse usage, according to which an environmental usage payment of 10% -12% of animal species envisaged by the contract for fauna recourse usage shall be paid for hunting other fish species in the following water territories.
The Environmental Protection and Mining Inspection Body of the Ministry of Nature Protection of RA was suggested:
1) to ensure supervision over the envisaged areas under the 1st point of the order
2) in collaboration with the RA authoritative bodies to intensify the supervision over preventing trout, varicorhinus and whitefish illegal fishing and their trade
of MNP of the RA
Environmental Protection and Mining Inspection Body was defined as a subordinate body to the Government by the RA law on “State administration system bodies” adopted on March 23, 2018, thus citizens may send their calls and applications to the Head of the Inspection Body (Address: 46 Charenc, Yerevan, tel. 011-81-85-92).