Snakes become active during the period from April to November.
Snakes usually come out of their nests mostly during morning and evening periods, and in the daytime they take up shelter in cooler places. In general, snakes lead a hidden lifestyle.
Snakes are not aggressive animals. They can only attack when they feel real danger or when the person tries to damage the animal.
WHEN YOU ECOUNTER A SNAKE:
1. Do not panic
2. Do not make sudden movements and stand still
3. Do not attempt to hit or damage the animal
4. Wait patiently until the snake crawls away.
AFTER A BITE FROM A VENOMOUS SNAKE
In the case of a snakebite, it is necessary:
1. Call Immediately ambulance service at 103 or rush to the nearest medical facility.
2. Do not engage in self-medication
3. Do not touch the wound or try to solve the problem yourself
4. Do not make sharp movements (shake, for example, the hand that has been bitten by a snake)
5. In the case of a snakebite, regularly drink plenty of liquids
Additionally, there are 23 species of snakes in Armenia, of which only 4 are venomous. The South Caucasian Gyurza is one of the poisonous snakes met in the territory of Yerevan. Mostly non-venomous snakes are met. If you have some knowledge about the species of snakes, then in the case of non-venomous snakebites, it is necessary to treat the wound with the means at hand (water, liquid with an alcoholic solution).
Be watchful and protect the environment.
Mining Inspection Body
Tel:(+374 10) 55 20 62
of the Ministry
Environmental Protection and Mining Inspection Body was defined as a subordinate body to the Government by the RA law on “State administration system bodies” adopted on March 23, 2018, thus citizens may send their calls and applications to the Head of the Inspection Body (Address: Koryun 1, 3750009 Yerevan, tel. (+374 15) 48 48 48).