Issues related to the legal framework governing the import of ozone-depleting, hazardous substances and waste goods
For questions of this nature, contact the Waste and Atmospheric Emissions Management Department of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia: +374 11 818 531 by phone number.
List of documents attached to the application for a water use permit
The list of documents attached to the application for a water use permit can be found on the website of the Ministry of Environment.
If you have any questions, please contact the Water Resources Management Department of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia: +374 11 818 541 by phone number.
Atmospheric air pollution
Information on air pollution is posted on the official website of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia in the departments "Еmissions"and"Environmental Monitoring", as well as in the "Hydrometeorology and Monitoring Center” SNCO am on the relevant pages of the site meteomonitoring.am
Warnings about trees being cut down in communities
Permission to cut down trees in the territories subordinate to communities is given by the governing body of the municipality +374 11 818 559.
- About vacant jobs in the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia
What is ecological information?
According to the Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision-Making and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters (Aarhus Convention), "Environmental Information" means any information, in written, audio, electronic or other material form.
a/ about the state of environmental components, such as air and atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural objects, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified organisms, and the interaction between these components,
b/ about factors such as materials, energy, noise and radiation, as well as activities or measures, including administrative measures, environmental agreements, policies, legislation, plans and programs that affect or are capable of affecting the environment on the elements mentioned in sub-item a/ above, and the analysis of costs and results and other economic analyzes and assumptions that were used during the adoption of decisions on environmental issues,
c/ about people's health and safety, people's living conditions, cultural objects and buildings and structures, to the extent that they are affected or can be affected by the state of environmental elements, or the impulses, activities or measures mediated by these components, which are mentioned above: in subparagraph b/.
Is the Ministry of the Environment responsible for the neutralization of stray animals?
The Ministry of the Environment (including those operating under the Ministry of Environmental Protection) does not perform any function for the neutralization of stray animals. Responsible structure for neutralization of stray animals in Yerevan - "Neutralization of stray Animals" (hotline: +374 11 514 539 ).
Which license or permit to apply to the Ministry of the Environment
- When importing and exporting goods subject to restrictions on trade with third countries within the EAEU,
- In the case of hazardous waste management activities,
- When importing into the territory of the EAEU and exporting from the territory of the EAEU toxic substances that are not considered precursors of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances,
- When substances that destroy the ozone layer and hydrofluorocarbons are imported into the territory of the EAEU and exported from the territory of the EAEU,
- When transporting wild animals and individual wild plants on the territory of the EAEU and exporting from the territory of the EAEU,
- When exporting rare and endangered species of wild animals and plants and their parts and (or) derivatives included in the Red Book of the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation from the territory of the EAEU;
- In case of water use,
- When exporting from the territory of the Republic of Armenia and importing into the territory of the Republic of Armenia wild animals and plants, their parts and derivatives subject to regulation by the Convention " on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora " (CITES),
- When exporting botanical collections and individual specimens from the territory of the Republic of Armenia and importing the territory of the Republic of Armenia
- When exporting wild animals, zoological collections and individual specimens from the territory of the Republic of Armenia and importing them into the territory of the Republic of Armenia,
- When exporting copies of sturgeon species bred in unfree conditions:
The procedures for issuing licenses and permits, concluding contracts, a list of necessary documents and other details are available on the official website of the Ministry of Environment at the following link: http://env.am/e-management/licenses-and-permits ".